The clerk’s office main goal is serving the fine citizens of Cass County in an efficient, effective and proper manner. Striving for a cordial working relationship with the citizen, co-workers and other office holders and entities.
County Clerk's Office Services
• Maintain complete and accurate records of the County Commission as provided
• Collect fees and issue licenses (liquor, auctioneer, & wrecking/towing)
• Swear in notaries approved by the Secretary of State’s Office
• Notarize documents
• Perform secretarial duties for the Board of Equalization (BOE)
• Formulate and settle appeals, value changes, and agreements
• Manage and maintain records center
• Work with Collector's office in billing of railroad & utility companies in Cass County
• Oversee finalization of levy certification from the State Auditor's Office
Election Authority Duties
* Accepting the filings of candidates for County offices and some political subdivisions
* Publishing the legal notice of election and computing election costs.
* Processing all voter registration forms
* Locating polling locations
* Establishing precinct boundaries
* Appointing and training of all election judges
* Maintain a computerized voter registration data base including but not limited to cancellations, change of address, registrations, deceased and those convicted of felonies
The staff of the Cass County Clerk’s office is committed to maintaining the highest ethical standard while providing helpful and friendly service to all.